23 Nov Maintenance Electrician – Exeter
We are looking for a Maintenance Electrician ideally based near Exeter to join our team. The main function of the role is to maintain and repair various electrical, mechanical and fabric assets within the client’s premises across a diverse range of customer’s buildings
We were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 51 years and we are pleased to say that during those 50 years we have kept that family feel. We understand how every member of the team plays a vital part in our continued growth and development of the company. We pride ourselves on our core business values, which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. If you are looking to join a company that makes a positive difference, to challenge yourself on a day to day basis but more importantly have a career for life, this role could be for you.
As a business we are on a mission to become the FM Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK..
You will ideally be based in the Exeter area and will be expected to cover this and the surrounding area.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To maintain and repair various electrical, mechanical and fabric assets within the client’s premises as set out as the “scope of works”
- To ensure the clients premises are maintained to a high standard and all compliance visits are completed within the agreed timescale and within client’s budgets.
- To build relationships with Site and Centre Managers to enable smooth planning of visits and completion of tasks within the required timescale.
- Carry out Monthly visits to sites as per the pre-planned schedule to carry out monthly checks which have all been agreed with the client.
- Carry out general repairs identified by the site staff.
- Compliance visits, to carry out visits within the skill set in line pre-planned programme to include PAT testing, emergency lights, fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- We always expect our engineers to maintain confidentiality when on site and working with Sherwoods SW.
- To always work to the upmost levels of Health and Safety.
- Any other realistic request by team as per your job description.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Previous Customer and client focused experience, operating within a small works or engineering environment.
- Electrical, plumbing and fabric skills required
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- Previous experience working within property maintenance or facilities management environment.
Essential skills and abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to take a pro-active approach and problem solve.
- Persuasive and effective influencing skills
- Excellent negation skills
- Self- motivated
Education and qualifications
- Due to the nature of this role, a Full UK driver’s license is Essential and required.
- Facilities management or engineering qualification would be extremely valuable for this role and desirable in line with the role description
If you are the successful applicant then you will receive a company vehicle, fuel card, uniform, store discounts and most importantly a journey with Sherwoods for the next 51 years and longer.
If this role is of interest for you and you can see a career with Sherwoods, then please apply below and we will be in contact.
Sherwoods are an Equal Opportunities Employer