07 Mar Reactive Commercial Gas Engineer – Devon
Reactive Commercial Gas Engineer – Devon
Sherwoods SW Ltd are recruiting for a reactive commercial gas engineer based in Devon to cover work in the surrounding areas.
This is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours per week. We offer a leading industry salary, excellent benefits package and overtime.
We were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 52 years and we are pleased to say that during those 52 years we have kept that family feel. We understand how every member of the team plays a vital part in our continued growth and development of the company.
We pride ourselves on our core business values, which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. If you are looking to join a company that makes a positive difference, to challenge yourself on a day to day basis but more importantly have a career for life, this role could be for you.
As a business we are on a mission to become the FM Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK. A mission we believe we are achieving.
You will need to be hard-working and committed to achieving success for both yourself and the company. Having a flexible approach to your work is essential. Communication is a vital skill that you would require for this role. you will need to be adaptable in your ways of working and enjoy the same vision as the rest of the Sherwoods team.
- Working on your own or as part of team to carry out routine PPM tasks, reactive works, small project works and minor plumbing works.
- Attend callouts/breakdowns on both commercial and domestic plantrooms and carry out fault diagnosis on boilers, heating systems and plumbing issues.
- To work safely and follow company health and safety policies to ensure the safety of yourself, your colleagues, customers, and visitors
- Install new plant and equipment within both commercial and domestic premises
Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant within both commercial and domestic premises
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings
- You will be expected to work as part of an on-call rota 1 in 10
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Gas Qualifications domestic and commercial
- Oftec qualifications are an advantage but not essential
- Possess high levels of attention to detail
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Highly customer focused
- Experience of working within a mobile workforce
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
- A can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and Building a Future with You 😊👍
If you are the successful applicant then you will receive a company vehicle, fuel card, uniform, pension scheme. You will also be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check
If this role is of interest to you and you can see a career with Sherwoods, then please apply below and we will be in contact.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £16.00-£20.00 per hour