13 Apr People Services Business Admin Apprentice
Michelle heads our People Services and is looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join her team.
Sherwoods were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 51 years and we are pleased to say that during those 51 years we still have that family feel and every team member plays a vital part in our growth and development of the company. Are you looking to join a company that makes a positive difference, to challenge yourself on a day to day basis but more importantly have a career for life.
We pride ourselves on our business core values which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. We are on a mission to become the Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
People Services Support:
- Preparing and sending out employment offer letters to prospective employees
- Preparing contracts of employment
- Downloading and preparing engineer’s timesheets ready for monthly auditing
- Setting up and sending out training agreements and monitoring for return
- Monitoring absences and ensuring these are reported correctly and in a timely manner
- Keeping HR records up to date in a busy, ever-changing work environment
Financial/People Services Director Support:
- Entering Credit Card transactions onto Excel Spreadsheet & carrying out monthly journals
- Assisting with preparation of Subcontractor monthly payments
- Ordering of stationary / office supplies
- Assisting with Debt chasing via statements / emails
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required
Essential to this role:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Approachable, empathetic & impartial
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- Flexible approach to work to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
If you are looking for a career for life and have the qualities above then please submit your cv and a member of our team will be in contact. We look forward to speaking with you.
Sherwoods are an Equal Opportunities Employer
THIS VACANCY IS NOT AVAILABLE VIA ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY