13 Apr Finance Business Admin Apprentices X2
Elena heads up our finance department and is looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join her team.
At Sherwoods we are continually growing, and we are now recruiting for X2 Finance Business Admin Apprentices to operate out of our head office in Newton Abbot.
Sherwoods were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 50 years and we are pleased to say that during them 50 years we still have that family feel and every team member plays a vital part in our growth and development of a company. Are you looking to join a company to make a positive difference, to challenge yourself and be the best person you can be or you are simply looking for a job for life then please look no further.
You will need to be a hard-working and committed individual looking to achieving success for both yourself and the company. Have a flexible approach to your work and be adaptable in new ways of working but also have the same vision as the rest of the team.
We pride ourselves on our business core values which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. We are on a mission to become the Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Purchase Ledger
- Check and input supplier invoices and credit notes into a variety of systems including Sage with a high level of accuracy.
- Handling Supplier Invoice Queries
- Liaising with the Operations Team to resolve any discrepancies with supplier invoices and seeing these through to completion to aid with supplier payments.
- Email Inbox
- Monitor a very busy finance email inbox. Printing off supplier invoices, remittances and anything else needed. Managing and responding to emails from clients and suppliers for day-to-day queries.
- Managing a filing system to ensure supplier invoices are stored efficiently and accurately and are easy to find for reference purposes
- Linking Jobs
- Identifying correct invoice numbers in order to link jobs on our system to help reduce WIP (Work in Progress) reports to support the processing of Sales Ledger.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business, internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to achieve results
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach and problem solve
- Good written and oral communication skills
If this position is for you then please click on apply and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact
Sherwoods are an Equal Opportunities Employer
THIS VACANCY IS NOT AVAILABLE VIA ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY