07 Mar Electrical Engineer – Somerset/Bristol
Electrical Engineer – Somerset/Bristol
At Sherwoods we are continually growing, and we are now seeking an Electrical Engineer to cover Somerset/Bristol and the surrounding areas.
Sherwoods were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 52 years. We are proud to say that we still have those family values, that have been at our core since day one. Every team member plays a vital part in our growth and development as a company. If you are looking to join a company to make a positive difference, to challenge yourself and be the best person you can be, or you are simply looking for a career for life then please look no further.
You will be hard-working and committed. An individual that strives to achieve success for both yourself and the company. Having a flexible approach to working, as well as, being adaptable and open to new ways of working is all essential. Communication with other team members is vital in this role.
We pride ourselves on our business core values which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun.
We are on a mission to become the FM Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK. A mission we feel we are on course to achieve.
You will be expected to carry out both planned and reactive multi-site maintenance across the South West area and be used to traveling between sites as a mobile engineer. You will have experience within commercial environments and possess strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with our clients. Work efficiently to ensure all works are completed in a safe manner and to Health & Safety regulations. Carry out reactive repairs & improvements and carry out preventative maintenance and minor project works. Respond quickly and effectively to breakdowns or other clients and team requirements. Accurately use the equipment and software required by the business and work closely with the H&S manager.
You will have:
- Current electrical qualification and good industry experience
- BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- L3 Inspection & Testing Qualification such as 2391 or 2394/5
- Experience of inspection & testing in Industrial & Commercial installations is desirable
- The ability to follow Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- PC literate in Microsoft Office Suite, Including Outlook & Emails
- IPAF – Desirable
- PAMSA – Desirable
- Full driving licence
- Fully racked company van and fuel card.
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Employee discounts and wellbeing support via our online reward platform
- Reward and recognition programmes
- Ongoing training and development
- Strong Communication Skills with the ability to maintain productivity.
- Experience within commercial environments.
- Ability to build relationships with customers/clients and teammates.
- Experienced and be fully able to carry out a multitude of tasks within your core skill set/s.
- Experienced carpenter with working knowledge of other related tasks, including but not limited to repairs to doors, tiling, plastering, flooring and general carpentry, basic plumbing.
- Understanding of safe working
- Used to driving to different sites each day
For more details please contact email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and Building a Future with You 😊👍
If you feel this position is for you and you’re ready for your career to take that next step, then please hit the apply button and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact.
Hours of work – generally Monday to Friday, but flexibility needed for start and finish times night shifts and on-call rota.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.00-£16.00 per hour