29 Apr Commercial Gas Engineer – Cardiff, Wales
Kirk is Team Leader for Mechanical Services and is looking for a skilled engineer to join his team.
Sherwoods SW Ltd are recruiting for a commercial gas engineer to be based in South Wales ideally Cardiff area to ensure we can cover it surrounding areas.
This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. We offer a leading industry salary and excellent benefits package.
We were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 50 years and we are pleased to say that during those 50 years we still have that family feel and every team member plays a vital part in our growth and development of the company. Are you looking to join a company that makes a positive difference, to challenge yourself on a day to day basis but more importantly have a career for life.
You will need to be hard-working and committed to achieving success for both yourself and the company. Having a flexible approach to your work is essential, you would need to be able to adapt to new ways of working and enjoy the same vision as the rest of the Sherwoods team.
We pride ourselves on our core business values, which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. As a business we are on a mission to become the FM Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK. A mission we believe we are achieving.
- Work on your own and as part of a team to carry out routine PPM, reactive and minor repair works
- Attend callouts/breakdowns and carry out fault diagnosis
- To work safely and follow company health and safety to ensure safety of yourself, your colleagues, customers, and visitors
- Install new plant and equipment when required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings, and fittings
- Ability to measure, work to plans (method statements), read technical diagrams and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate to trade/ skill
- You will be expected to work as part of an on-call rota
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- City & Guilds qualifications and any relevant qualification in all aspects of Building Service’s and Electrical engineering.
- Commercial Gas Qualification
- Gas Safe
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Highly customer focused
- Experience of working within a mobile workforce
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers
- Proactive and enthusiastic Team Player
- ‘Can do’ attitude
If you are the successful applicant then you will receive a company vehicle, fuel card, uniform, store discounts and most importantly a journey with Sherwoods for the next 50 years and on.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Sherwoods are an Equal Opportunities Employer
THIS VACANCY IS NOT AVAILABLE VIA ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY